The Start Up Loans Company is the brainchild of James Caan and David Cameron. It is a scheme designed to accelerate the UK economy by providing loans, advice and mentoring to UK based startup businesses, and one of the most successful joint ventures in the UK. We have worked with Start Up Loans as their strategic technology partner since 2012. We designed and built the Start Up Loans website, their CRM platform as well as the financial reporting infrastructure that has facilitated the successful distribution of £100m in loans.
We helped align the foundation’s initiatives with central government’s policy by implementing real time reporting and metrics for success. We designed, built and optimised the online user experience for the loan application funnel, including all tracking and reporting. As part of this work we facilitated the secure transfer of personal financial data with over 60 international banks, intermediaries and credit checking agencies. We also developed new financial risk assessment algorithms, introducing these new methods of assessment into the industry. The business systems we built were integrated with new marketing automation platforms, Sugar CRM, Sales Force and Zoho.
- Enabled the successful distribution of £100m in loan funds through the system we built
- Co-ordinated and exchanged secure data with more than 60 banks and financial institutions
- Planned and built the Start Up Loans Mentor Community forum
- Developed user stories and built the online financial reporting infrastructure for Start Up Loans finance team
- Implemented a comprehensive UX process including User Needs Analysis, Persona Development and Rapid Prototyping
- Integrated Open Source web technologies, WordPress, Sugar CRM and Zoho Reporting with Sales Force
- Delivered the project Agile, in 2-week sprints
We have worked as a technical and UX partner to Startup Loans Company and the James Caan Foundation since 2012.