We were first appointed by Chang (ThaiBev) to develop a strategic positioning for the brand in the UK – one that worked within global guidelines – and helped them execute campaigns creatively through Social, PR and Event channels. We work directly with the Chang UK marketing team. Chang also sponsor Everton Football Club.
Our first brief was to launch the new Chang beer bottle in the UK market. Our trade launch event on London’s Southbank featured live graffiti artists, a bespoke Thai boxing ring, spontaneous magic shows and personal appearances from Everton footballing greats. This activity has been extended into a live stunt in London entitled ‘Massage in a Bottle’, where tired commuters are offered a relaxing Thai massage inside a giant Chang bottle installation.
In addition we secured prime sponsorship of the Machynlleth Comedy Festival, held annually in the little town of Machynlleth in Wales. For comedians and Chang Beer this event is the pre-cursor for the Edinburgh Comedy Festival, where new material is written and tested, and new acts are broken. Machynlleth is highly regarded by comedians and fans the world over. This provided a terrific platform for social activity based around our campaign: ‘Brewed in the Land of Smiles’.
We created quirky beer mats that allowed drinkers to change their smiles and share their resulting selfies on social media. Our Chang-branded tuk tuk ferried headline comedians and celebrities through the festival town, allowing us to capture and share short films of their journeys and conversations. And our bespoke ‘Green Room’ bar provided a refreshingly Thai environment for beer lovers, sparking an entirely spontaneous 14 act show built around the Chang brand.
- Opened the Chang Bar for 3 days
- Engaged 7,000 people at Mach Comedy Festival and reached 9209 Facebook users
- Comedians talking about Chang included Nick Helm, Mark Watson, Ed Gamble, Fin Taylor, Matt Winning, Mike Bubbins and Stewart Lee
- Chang-branded Tuk Tuk taxi transported comedians around the festival, and gained national coverage online
- Chang Beer UK account reached over 200,000 accounts, up by 233.6% for the month of April compared to March
- Famed graffiti artist painted Chang mural live on Saturday webcam
- Editorial OTS 185,000